Wednesday, May 21, 2008

getting signed to a label

hey paul,
the way we usualy sign bands goes something like this, I meet them at a show and like their music, they live in olympia so we see each other around alot and over time we develop a relationship, I tell bob, hey this band is really cool you should check them out, bob checks them out and he likes them too, the band is really interested in touring, and puts alot of energy into their project but dosen't have the cash to record themselves and put out their own album. Bob and I really want to help them out so we offer to help them record and release their album.
Most small labels I know work this way. If it is your goal to get signed by a label, I would just start by playing shows, setting up shows for other people and touring a bunch and releasing your own albums. good luck!
xo ross

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home